Thursday 20 August 2020

Quick and cheap paint mixer...

 While the weather has been good we've been doing a spot of decorating, this involves amongst other things a lot of painting, which means getting the paint out of the loft and obviously as it's settled it needs mixing.

Stirring 10 litres of paint with a stick is a pain, so I made a paint mixer which I can put into a drill and mix away, you can buy pre-made mixers, but I didn't want to spend any money and I figured I probably had enough stuff to make something that would do the job just as well in the shed, and I did, I did also do some rough sums to work out if you could make one cheaper than you can buy one if you went out and bought the parts, I'm confident you could buy the materials to make one like I did for about half the price of a bought one.

Anyway here it is, it's basic but works well (better than I expected)


Simple, but effective

And here's a quick video of how I made it, there are numerous ways I could have done it, but I used the first parts I grabbed.


Quick paint mixer make - 



Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment