Monday 13 February 2012

Skeleton plaster casting set ... ...

I often look in our local charity shops for odd things, or stuff that might prove useful and the other day I found something that will come in very handy.

It's a plaster casting set, it makes a 45cm tall skeleton and it cost a £1 there's a chance that something like this might pop up in one of the myriad of pound / 99p shops that seem to be springing up, but I doubt the quality would be as good as this set.

The set, which was complete (even had plaster) -

How cool !

Inside the box -

Even had a strip of magnetic tape.

Of course since I bought it home the kids have been plaguing me to make a skeleton, so the other day I thought we should have a go and see what it turns out like, it's actually quite detailed, which will come in handy when the kids want to learn about different bones and such like, there's no plaster in the picture above because I'd used it all before I took the picture :-)

Here's a completed skeleton - 

Not painted yet.

It's pretty cool, and for a quid you can't really complain, but because the moulds are very sturdy it can be reused and so we are now thinking it'll come in handy for Halloween related crafts  mu ha ha ha !

On a side note once I'd removed the skeleton from the kitchen table this is what was left, really hoping that it's just because the plaster was still a little wet, otherwise the damn things haunted :-/

Some one call ghost busters !

Thanks for reading.


Me and My Shadow

12 comments:

  1. Haha great post!!

    I want one!

    Excellent for Halloween crafting as you say. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tempted to see if we can't make some chocolate skeletons with the moulds, should be fun.

      Delete
  2. Can understand that kids would love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter has informed me I'll be making one in pink next, so nice of her to let me know :-)

      Delete
  3. That is a really cool set! I love charity shops too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My N just saw your Skeleton and got very excited because she's learning about skeletons this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure you can get this kit any more, but I'm betting there'll be something similar online, the kids will have me making the things for ages, there will be skeleton parts all over the house.

      Delete
  5. Great fun! If you used white choc, then they would look similar to real bones ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, I was thinking jelly might be interesting as well :-)

      Delete
  6. Fab ! Love the ghost skeleton. Great idea for Halloween, my twins would love that kit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for reading, it's a good job we have some extra casting powder, I have a production run of skeletons planned, least that's what the kids keep telling me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab find and will deffo come in handy for halloween decs maybe painted with some glow in the dark paint if thats available :)

    ReplyDelete